Here are 5 easy ways that you can use video to get more traffic from search engines!
Want to drive more traffic to your website by taking advantage of video?
With just a few simple strategies, you can use video to drive loads of traffic to your site, increase your click through rates, and get more people to buy!
Ready to get started?
1) Show Up At The Top Of Google With “Suggested Clips”
Google is now including video snippets in the search results – and often right at the top of search results.
If you’re trying to rank your website for a competitive phrase, it can pay off to create a video for the same topic.
Not only can you rank on YouTube (more on that later), Google will often feature videos at the top of the search results.
Here’s an example of one of the videos that ranks for a valuable keyword:
Keyword: how to get seo leads
See how there are multiple advertisers above this video?
Our video on youtube ranks just under the ads for this keyword. Those ads are going for around $5-$7 PER CLICK. This video was created for $200.
Not only is our video appearing at the top, it’s literally appearing above all organic search results!
This video has over 1,000 views …and it didn’t cost us $5,000 – $7,000.
Here’s how to get these:
- Create the content: We like to first take “how to” type content that we’ve already written on our site and create a video out of it. Google likes to feature “how to” content in suggested clips, so the type of content is important.
- Upload a transcript of your audio: This helps Google identify what section to highlight.
- Embed your video in your blog post: We embed the YouTube video in our original blog post.
2. Get More Real Estate With The Video Carousel
If you’re trying to rank for a keyword, you can often piggy back off the authority of YouTube to show up in the search results:
Here’s another example from the same keyword from above:
You can see that we’re actually ranking 3 times for this keyword:
- We rank in the suggested clip
- Our blog post ranks
- We’re also ranking in the video slider!
This put us on the 1st page THREE times for this keyword.
By creating videos and embedding them in your posts, you can take up more real estate in the search engines!
3) Get More Mobile Traffic By Embedding Videos
Did you know that 60% of all searches are mobile?
Google has been displaying rich snippets on mobile when video is embedded.
Look at the difference between how this keyword looks on desktop vs mobile.
Keyword: boring niche
This is what it looks like on desktop:
This is what it looks like on mobile:
Isn’t that video thumbnail more enticing than the image of birds?
You’re likely to catch more eyes and more clicks.
To take advantage of this, all you have to do is embed your video in your blog post!
4) Rank Your Videos In YouTube
Did you know that YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world?
You can’t rank your website there, but you can create videos and optimize them for the same keywords!
Learn how to rank youtube videos here.
5) Syndicate Your Video To Dominate The “Videos” Tab
Want to see a cool trick that can help you dominate the “Videos” tab of Google?
Check out this example – Our video is ranking multiple times on the videos tab:
You can use the power of syndication to get your video to show up multiple times.
Here’s how it works:
- Create a blog post and embed your video in it
- Use HOTH Syndication to syndicate the blog post (with the video embedded)
It’s simple and easy to execute and can help you get more traffic and more views!
By following this guide, you’ll be able to get more traffic to your website by using video.
Do you have any other tricks to get more traffic with video?
Let us know in the comments!