Looking to get started advertising on Google?
Google Ads is a useful paid tool for digital marketing that can be used to boost traffic and conversion rates.
Google Search ads are paid search results shown with regular search results. When someone searches on Google, the results shown on the front page are authoritative pages (based on SEO) and paid ads.
Not sure where to start? That’s OK! We’re going to break down the necessary steps for creating and setting up a Google Ads account so that you can dominate in paid search with your Google Ads campaigns.
This step-by-step guide will help you sign up for a Google Ads account and give you some helpful tips and tricks to get you get started with your first ad campaign.
Creating A new Google Ads Account
1. Go to Google Ads homepage and click on either of the “Start Now” buttons.
2. Log into your existing account or create a new Google Ads account. This email can also be linked to your Google Analytics or Google Ads manager account.
3. After you login or create a Gmail account you will see this page below.
4. For the purpose of creating and setting up a new account. You will want to click “Experienced with Google Ads?” link. This will take you out of the campaign creation.
5. One more time, Google will prompt you to try and create a campaign with your manager account. Click the link below that says “Create an account with a campaign”
6. Confirm your business details (Billing country, Timezone, and Currency). Google may autofill this data for you.
7. Now your account is created!
Make Sure Billing Is Setup
You cannot run ads without billing being set up. Make sure to double check that the correct billing information is inputted.
It’s also best to make sure that your contact details are current as well such as your phone number and address. If you decide to use this account to sign up for other business tools such as Google Business Profile, then having correct details will help with ranking.
1. Log into your Google Ads Account
2. Click the “Wrench” icon in the top navigation
3. When the drop down appears click on “Billing & Payments”
4. Review the billing page, add your business info, and credit card information if needed. On the bottom there are Terms of Services that must be read and accepted. Finally, hit submit on the bottom of the page.
How Do You Step Up Your First Ad Campaign?
You’ve created your Google Ads account. Now what?
Time to create your first campaign.
Google is fairly user-friendly. Which is a good thing, because paid advertising can sometimes be confusing.
Here’s a simple guide to setting up your first campaign:
- First, you need sign in or have account access to Google Ads.
- On the left-side menu tab, click on “Campaigns.”
- Click on the plus tab, then select “New Campaign.”
- Choose your advertising goal for your first campaign.
- Then choose your conversion goals and click “Continue.”
- Pick your campaign topic and click “Continue.”
There, you’re all set to begin your campaign!
If you want to create more than one ad campaign, you have options to create ad groups for your business. Another great way to make sure your ads actually get clicks is by optimization.
Google Ads optimization is an important process. It involves improving your account, campaigns, keywords, targeting, and ads. By optimizing your Google ads, you can minimize cost while still boosting traffic and sales.
So, consider that when creating your first ad campaign. Keywords and other SEO methods do make a difference when optimizing your Google Ads.
Is Google Ads Account Free?
Google Ads (previously Google Adwords) is free to create, start, and begin your campaigns. Google Ads is a pay-per-click advertising service (PPC) that has a functionality that only costs you money when someone clicks on your ad. This method is a great way to save on advertising, so you aren’t spending thousands of dollars on ads that outweigh the rewards.
One great tool to use if you’re on a budget is cost-per-click bid (CPC). CPC bidding campaigns allow you to set a maximum cost for your PCP. It basically just lets you set a maximum amount that you’re willing to pay per click. Using this option is fantastic if you have a certain goal in mind for your ad in google search.
PPC management tools can cost you anywhere from $15 to $800 dollars a month. Whereas CPC services can cost you only a dollar or two per click.
Traditional advertising can cost your business thousands of dollars. Using basic PPC or CPC is the perfect alternative for someone who is on a budget or just starting out with a small business.
Why Use Google Ads?
Google is the most used search engine in the world. With well over 7 billion searches a day, you are bound to get more than a few hits on your ad with the right keywords and SEO methods.
Not only are potential customers using Google to ask questions or search for products, but your competitors are using Google ads, and that means you need to as well.
Using Google Ads is also a great way to bring in the right audience from google searches. Leads are great, but qualified leads are even better. Using the most relevant keywords for your ad campaigns will boost your phone calls, traffic, sales, and overall business.
Studies suggest that nearly 80% of companies focus on Google ads for their PCP content. This statistic proves that paid ads boost your business, sales, and traffic.
If you’ve already tried using different PCP services in the past and aren’t sure if Google will work for you, don’t give up just yet. There are many tips and tricks you can use to get back on track.
Google Ads Tips and Tricks
So, how do Google ads actually work? Well, it’s all part of basic SEO and SERPs. What Google search engine results show all depends on authority and keywords.
Good ads make a huge impact on your audience. Statistics suggest that 90% of consumers say that ads influence their decisions when buying a product or service.
If you want people to click on your ad to be taken to your service or product, then you need to be fully optimized with your landing page and Google ads campaign.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help get you started:
- Use targeted keywords meant for your audience
- Research your keywords and keep them relevent
- Utilize your SEO
- Conversion tracking and metrics
- Use Google Smart Campaigns
- Use Google Ad extentions
Targeted keywords are a make it or break it concept. Having the best keywords for your audience can generate sales. However, using the wrong keywords or none at all can damage your chances of making money from ads.
You can also use Google’s smart ad campaign to do some of the work for you. All you need to do is input a description of your business, add relevant keywords and Google does the rest for you. It’s a neat tool to try and see if it works for your business.
Using conversion tracking and metrics is also an important step in keeping track of what works and what doesn’t. Utilizing basic SEO methods are vital when creating Google Ad campaigns.
Google Ads has a ton of different extensions you can use to help create the best ad campaign. You can use a phone call, image, price, promotion, and location extension. These add-ons can offer your potential customer a wide variety of ways to see, explore, and contact your business.
Once you’ve followed these steps, your Google Ads account will be setup and ready to be put to use! You’ll soon be ready to reach your advertising goal.
Get started with us today and sign up for a free account!
If you need some advice with SEO or with optimizing your Google Ads account, schedule a call with one of our experts now! As always, we’re happy to help.